Day services and short breaks

Our day support services are for all eligible Kingston residents who are:

  • Older people.
  • People with dementia.
  • People with learning disabilities.
  • People with complex needs and behaviours.
  • People with physical disabilities.
  • Young people in transition from school.

How to apply

To apply for any of the following types of support please contact us by completing our online contact form to book an assessment with us or by phone on 0208 547 5005.

Person-centred planning

Every person who is eligible for a day support service is offered the chance to produce a person-centred plan. This plan can be facilitated by a trained member of staff, a family member or the person themselves. The plan might be in the form of words, pictures, video or a mixture of all three.

The Transitions Team specialise in planning with young disabled school leavers to give them the best start in adult life with access to the same opportunities as everyone else of the their age.

Through person-centred planning more a dedicated team work with you to find community-based activities and support you to be as independent as possible.

Kingston has many group and activities going on and are listed on our Connected Kingston website.

Short breaks for looked after adults

Short breaks give looked after people and their carers time away from their usual routine.

Sometimes it might mean that a care worker stays with the looked after person for a few hours enabling the carer to go out. It can also mean that the cared for person goes out as part of a small group to enjoy a leisure activity.

Breaks can also involve overnight stays. For example, the cared for person might spend some time in a residential home or with a trained carer in the carer's own home for a few days. This can also be called respite.

How do I get a break?  

If you think that you and the person you care for would benefit from a break you can use our online contact form to book an assessment with us contact us by phone on 0208 547 5005.   

The assessment gives you a chance to talk about your caring role and will help the social worker understand whether a break is the best kind of support for you and the person for whom you care.

Will I have to pay? 

Sometimes you or the person for whom you care might be asked to make a contribution towards the cost of any service you receive. This will be explained to you by your social worker.

Last Modified: 18/06/2021 15:10:19