Health and Wellbeing
Cold weather can make some health problems worse and even lead to serious complications, especially if you are 65 or older, or if you have a long-term health condition. This page includes information on how to stay well and healthy during the cold weather, protecting yourself and other's around you.
Getting vaccinated against Flu and Covid-19 is the best way to get protected this Winter.
If you are eligible for a Flu or Covid-19 vaccination you can get vaccinated at a number of sites across Kingston. This includes GP surgeries, community pharmacies and local community venues. You can book an appointment or walk in to a variety of selected clinics.
- Find a Kingston walk in clinic for COVID-19 and flu vaccination
- Book, cancel or change a COVID-19 vaccination appointment
- Find a pharmacy that offers NHS flu vaccination
- Find out more about eligibility
- Seasonal vaccinations and Winter health - NHS
Winter advice for keeping healthy and well
The following organisations have some top tips for keeping healthy, warm and well this Winter.
- AgeUK web pages have tips on looking after your mental health, information on where to get support with your energy bills or advice on keeping warm in Winter and a selection of cold weather advice to help you stay warm and healthy throughout the Winter months. Age UK Winter advice for the elderly.
- HealthWatch Kingston have some top tips for staying healthy and well this Winter. Visit Healthwatch to find out more.