Council owned trees
Looking after our trees through COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, tree management will be conducted as follows:
- All planned work deemed essential to ensure public safety will be conducted as usual (dead, diseased and/or dangerous trees)
- All works essential to the maintenance of critical infrastructure will be completed and some work is being brought forward (blocking roads, utilities, traffic lights etc)
- Any additional essential work carried out will be on a case by case basis
- Emergency call-outs will orperate as normal
- There is currently a natural seasonal pause in our routine tree maintenance. Due to a reduced workforce, this work has been paused for three weeks and will be reviewed at this point
- Tree watering is continuing as normal
Our list of maintenance works has been updated accordingly.
The usual procedure of placing notices on trees to be felled cannot be implemented at this time, however information will be placed on the website here.
Staff are adhering to Public Health advice as they conduct their duties and are taking preventative measures to protect their health and the health of the public.