Report a tree issue

We are responsible for council owned trees on streets and in parks or open spaces.

Trees that are located in private garden this includes councils homes (unless communal) are the residents responsibility.

Reporting a dangerous tree

If you see:

  • A tree that has fallen or could fall 
  • A tree hit by a vehicle
  • A branch that is hanging or likely to fall off

Call us on 0208 547 5002 and we can send the team out as soon as possible to make safe and / or remove the tree. 

Emergency out of hours

To report an emergency issue outside of normal working hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or to make a report during weekends and bank holidays, please call our emergency number.

Telephone: 020 8547 5003

Make a report using the map

You can use the map to report any issues such as:

  • Overhanging trees or hedges  
  • Problem branches
  • Root damage to roads
  • Nuisance trees

You can:

  1. use the search bar on the map to search for a location, address or street
  2. click on the map to place a pin
  3. proceed to fill in the short form

or make a report using the form

If you have accessibility requirements or difficulties using the map you can make a request using the form. Note that the form will be reviewed manually and will take longer to action.

Accessible report a tree issue form

Pruning trees

We do not provide pruning for the following reasons:

  • Blocking sunlight
  • Overhead cables being damaged - you will need to contact the provider for assistance
  • Satellite dishes - you will need to contact your provider for assistance
  • Solar panels - you will need to contact your provider for assistance

Tree related damage to private property

If you believe a council owned tree is causing damage to your property, you must first contact your home insurance company. They will investigate the matter and collect any evidence of structural damage to support any potential claim.

The report from your insurer needs to be sent to our Insurance Team. We are unable to carry out any work to trees suspected of causing damage to your property without supporting evidence.

Last Modified: 16/12/2020 12:43:10