Sustainable travel planning
Sustainable travel planning / events for businesses
Sustainable travel planning for businesses
We are committed to helping workplaces improve transport choices for customers and staff.
Workplace travel planning
Businesses and workplaces are required to develop a travel plan as a condition of planning consent for an expansion or new development. A workplace travel plan manages the transport and travel impacts of a workplace. It involves a package of practical measures designed to encourage your employees and visitors to travel to and from your site by sustainable modes of transport.
Travel plans usually:
- improve facilities for pedestrians and cyclists (showers, lockers and cycle parking)
- promote and subsidise the use of public transport
- encourage car shares, working from home and teleconferencing
Even if your business is not planning a development, it is a good idea to create a travel plan as they:
- reduce congestion and pollution in the area
- help your business spend less on car parking facilities
- can save your employees money and improve their health by promoting cycling and walking
- show your commitment to corporate social responsibility
We can help you develop a workplace travel plan, get in touch with our Sustainable Transport Team.
Workplace Travel Scorecard
We're currently piloting a Workplace Travel Scorecard, which is an initiative to help you assess workplace travel, identify areas for intervention and implement real changes. By becoming involved in the scheme, you could find a number of ways to save money through reviewing travel choices, as well as having a positive effect on your green credentials.
To find out more, contact the Sustainable Transport Team.