The Villiers Road Household Reuse and Recycling Centre (HRRC) is open for pre-booked visits with some important restrictions in place (see below).
These changes will help the site run safely and in accordance with government guidelines designed to slow the spread of coronavirus.
There are limited slots available to keep the site safe for staff and visitors. The number of slots available is being kept under constant review and when it is safe to do so, we are increasing the number of slots available, if there are no slots available, please be patient and check back online daily.
Site restrictions at the Villiers Road HRRC
Fair access policy has been introduced which will allow households to access the site up to 20 times a year.
Limiting the amount of visits to 20 a year will help ensure that council tax payers are not footing the bill for those who are disposing of commercial waste illegally, or those who are disposing of excessive amounts of waste on a regular basis.
However, if you need to visit the site multiple times, for example when moving house, you will be able to complete an exemption form.
- Booking essential - to restrict the number of people accessing the site at any one time, it is essential that you pre-book your visit.
- Bookings can be made for visits up to 2-6 days in advance on the Booking your visit page.
- If you do not have access to the internet please ask family or friends to help make a booking on your behalf.
- Anyone visiting the HRRC without a valid booking will not be allowed access to the site and only one visit per day is permitted
- Booking slot availability - to manage the queues, a limited number of booking slots will be available each day. This will be kept under constant review with slots being added or removed as required
- Consider whether you need to visit - Only one booking per day will be accepted, entry will be refused for additional bookings and later slots will be cancelled. Our garden waste and bulky waste collection services are running - please consider using these instead
- Self-isolating households - Anyone in self-isolation, with COVID-19 symptoms or who has been told to shield themselves because they are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus must not visit the site under any circumstances
- Queuing: With access restricted, please be prepared to queue for longer than usual (even though you've pre-booked your visit).
- Hygiene - Site staff will be carrying out enhanced cleaning regimes throughout the day, wiping down handrails etc. You may wish to bring your own gloves and hand sanitizer. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after visiting the site
- Site staff - Please treat our site staff with respect at all times; they are doing their best to keep the site open for you under difficult circumstances. Abuse towards site staff will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to refuse entry to the site. Site staff will be instructed to maintain a two-metre distance from customers at all times - they will not be able to assist you with unloading your items
- Vehicle restrictions - cars and small vans only. No large vans, luton style box vehicles, false side vehicles, tippers and trailers.
- One person to exit a vehicle - to reduce the number of people on the sites, only one person will be allowed to exit each vehicle, unless two people are required to move large or bulky items safely
- Once out of your vehicle - please be patient and maintain a minimum 1-metre distance from other site users at all times
- Residents only - make sure you have your resident permit sticker displayed clearly, or that you bring your current council tax statement
- Vehicles should reverse park into bays
- Only one person on the gantries at any one time - please be patient
- Please pre-sort your materials -The new guidelines are based on a vehicle being on site for a maximum of 15 minutes - please help by ensuring you have sorted your materials before you leave home.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we work hard to ensure the HRRC can remain open while keeping everyone safe.