Physical disabilities

If you have a physical disability the following support services may be of help:

  • training, advice and equipment to help you to be as independent as possible in your own home (for example aids, adaptations and Telecare)
  • travel options like Freedom Travel Passes, Taxi cards and Blue Badge parking permits
  • personal budgets – we give you money to spend on services and support that suits your individual needs. Your first step is to contact us to book an assessment

Unfortunately, we cannot help those with a short-term disability or medical problem. If you are in this situation, please contact your doctor for help.

There are also local and national organisations that can provide lots of advice and information, this includes:

  • Kingston Centre for Independent Living (KCIL)
    • KCIL is an independent user-led organisation providing a range of information, advice and support services to make sure disabled people living in Kingston are supported to lead independent lives.
  • You can also speak to Occupational Therapy
    • The service can offer you an assessment, give you advice and may be able to provide you with equipment and adaptations to help you remain independent at home and within your local community.
  • AskSARA
    • Impartial advice about equipment to help make daily living easier


Last Modified: 30/12/2020 14:25:56

Kingston Centre for Independent Living (KCIL)

Address: River Reach
31 - 35 High Street

Telephone: 020 8546 9603