Paying for my support
Information, advice and assessments are freely provided by the council, however, there may be a cost to any care and support services you receive from us.
- If you qualify for support we will ask you to complete a financial assessment to work out how much you can afford to pay towards this cost.
- If you have savings of £23,250 or over you will have to pay for the full cost of your care.If you own a property, the value of your property is taken into account should you receive residential care
- Occupational Therapy equipment provided by the council up to the value of £1,000 is free-of-charge to residents.
To find out how much you might have to pay, try our Online Financial Assessment Calculator. The exact costs and charge will be finalised once you have returned a financial assessment form to the Council's Adult Social Care Finance Team.
Financial assessment form
Completing this form helps us work out how much you need to pay for your care services (in line with our Charging Policy).
The amount you have to pay towards the services depends on:
- the type of service you receive
- your financial situation
- how easy it is for you to pay
How to complete the financial assessment form
For further information please see the council's charging policy for Adult Social Care.
If you have any queries please contact the Adult Social Care Finance Team by phone on 020 8547 4778.