Are you a citizen of an EU country?

Eu settlement scheme

Make sure you apply for settled status via the EU Settlement Scheme.

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen (and not a British citizen) and you and your family wish to stay in the UK, after the UK leaves the EU, you will all need to apply for settled status via the EU Settlement Scheme. Once registered as having settled status, you will be able to continue to:

  • Live and work in the UK
  • Use the NHS
  • Enrol in education or continue studying
  • Access public funds such as benefits and pensions (if you are eligible for them)
  • Travel in and out of the UK

8,650 residents have already applied for their settled status application. That means almost 80% of the people eligible in the borough have applied!. We know there are more  of you who are eligible to apply, so if you think this affects you or you know someone who may be affected please visit

In addition to this, the council offers a service that can help, by checking and verifying your ID free of charge. To book an appointment email [email protected] with your full name, address and phone number. If you do not have access to a computer please call the EU settled status public helpline on 0300 123 7379. 

If you are a non-UK EU citizen living or working in Kingston and want to know more about the EU Settlement Scheme you can apply online at by 30 June 2021 or 31 December 2020 if the U.K leaves the EU without a deal. 

Prepare your business
If your business imports, exports or trade with the EU there will be changes that affect you. Use the online Government tool to help you prepare

Remember if you are visiting Europe after Brexit there are things you need to do before you travel. These include checking your right to travel documents and passport, getting travel insurance which covers your healthcare and organising pet travel.

More information: Help and advice is also available on in 26 languages.