Parking services tariff increase
From Tuesday 14 July 2015 the price of on street parking and multi-storey car parks will increase for the first time since 2011 in-line with inflation.
The costs for parking permits in controlled parking zones will also increase from Friday 17 July.
We have applied the Retail Price Index inflation amount to existing prices, causing an average of 13 per cent increase in prices. This is the first increase since 2011 and is needed to maintain existing traffic management.
Pay and display on-street parking
These new tariffs apply to all pay and display parking on streets across the borough from Tuesday 14 July 2015:
- a 60p hourly tariff will increase to 70p
- a 90p hourly tariff will increase to £1
- a £1.20 hourly tariff will increase to £1.40
- a £2 hourly tariff will increase to £2.30
There will be a new hourly tariff of £1.50 per hour (increasing from old price £1.40) at:
- Cattle Market (basement level)
The £10 flat rate for parking for more than four hours and £3 night rate at these car parks is not changing. The flat rate of £5 for parking more than four hours at Bittoms on weekends is not changing.
Parking permits for controlled parking zones
From Friday 17 July 2015, costs for residential, business and visitor parking permits for controlled parking zones will increase:
- 3 month resident permit = £34
- 6 month resident permit = £57
- 12 month resident permit = £90
- 3 month business 1st permit = £115
- 6 month business 1st permit = £205
- 12 month business 1st permit = £340
- 3 month business 2nd permit = £170
- 6 month business 2nd permit = £305
- 12 month business 2nd permit = £510
- 3 month business 3rd permit = £225
- 6 month business 3rd permit = £405
- 12 month business 3rd permit = £680
- book of 10 x 6 hour resident visitor permits = £15