Notice of election - Grove Ward
There will be a local government by-election taking place on 16 July 2015. This election is to elect one councillor in Grove Ward.
Important election dates
Deadlines to register to vote:
- you can register to vote to vote at this election up to midnight on 30 June 2015
- the deadline for postal vote applications is 5pm on 1 July 2015
- the deadline for proxy vote applications is 5pm on 8 July 2015
The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
Notice of election
Election of a borough councillor for the Grove Ward:
- an election is to be held of a councillor for the Grove Ward of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
papers can be obtained from the Returning Officer
- nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer from Thursday 12 June 2015 but no later than 4pm on Friday 19 June 2015 (Monday to Friday)
- if any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 16 July 2015
- applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Tuesday 30 June 2015
- applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Wednesday 1 July 2015
- new applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday 8 July 2015
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday 16 July 2015. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday 8 July 2015. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday 8 July 2015.
The Returning Officer and Electoral Registration Officer are located at Room 30, Guildhall, High Street, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1EU.
Further information about the by-election can be found at Grove Ward by-election.