Supporting our Armed Forces Community
Kingston's Armed Forces covenant
The Covenant was signed on Armistice Day 2018 (11 November), by the Mayor, Leader of the Council, Kingston Council’s Armed Forces Champion and representatives of Kingston’s three regiments.
Fulfilling our moral obligation we have committed to:
- appointing elected member champions - currently Cllr Noel Hadjimichael and Cllr Ian George
- identifying an officer champion within the council – currently Iona Lidington, Director of Public Health.
- being a ‘forces friendly employer’.
- ensuring staff and elected members are aware of the Armed Forces Covenant and are clear about their role in helping to delivering it.
- develop an understanding of the needs of our local armed forces, and responding accordingly.
- reviewing our policies and procedures to reflect the needs of our armed forces community.
- reporting back annually, outlining our progress under the covenant and renewing our commitment. Latest report.
- celebrating and remembering the sacrifices of our armed forces personnel.
- working to ensure members of the armed forces community have access to key information about the support available.