Bands, Orchestras and Theory Groups
Music theory classes
This page is for those interested in music theory and theory exams. If you are interested in practical exams, please go to our exams page.
Music theory classes take place on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. You can apply to join a course at all levels and ages. They cover the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) syllabus for music theory up to and including Grade 5. As part of the course you can choose to take a grade examination.
- time and key signatures
- scale writing
- rhythmic, harmonic and melodic structures
- melody writing
- musical terminology
Please go to our Fees and Payment page for up to date prices.
- Wednesdays from 4:45pm to 5:45pm at Tolworth Music Centre
- Thursdays from 5:30pm to 6:30pm at Tolworth Music Centre
- Saturdays from 11:45am to 12:45pm at Coombe Music Centre
- Saturdays from 12:15pm to 1:15pm at Kingston Music Centre
- Advanced Grade 5+ Saturdays from 9:00 to 10:00am at Kingston Music Centre
Apply for music theory classes
Once we have received your application we will contact you with further information, including how you can pay.