Nominate someone for the Mayor's Community Awards
We're looking for people who have given up their own time to help other people or the community. They may deserve recognition for their supreme effort, strength, bravery or achievement.
The deadline to nominate someone for this year’s Awards is 5 pm on Thursday 16th February 2023
To submit your nomination by phone, call the Mayor's Office on 02085475030.
All nominees for the Mayor's Community awards should:
- not be employed by Kingston Council (as staff awards exist already)
- be someone who has given up their own time and without prompting and offered to help other people or the community
Awards will not normally be given to individuals who are employed to perform a specific community role. These awards are intended to recognise individuals who give up their own time to help others. Nominations will continue to be considered in exceptional circumstances, particularly if the individual does other voluntary work or satisfies other criteria.
Nominees should also be one or more of the following:
- someone whose service to the Community is worthy of special recognition
- someone who deserves recognition for their supreme effort, strength, bravery or achievement
- someone who has achieved something, which benefits the neighbourhood or even the whole of our borough
The Mayor would also like to present a special ‘Young Person’ Community Award (to someone under the age of 21). So please also consider nominating young people who may be setting an example to their peers through the voluntary work they undertake. (This excludes community work undertaken as part of the Duke of Edinburgh or other similar programmes).
The deadline for Nominations is 5 pm on Thursday 16th February 2023.
The Award Ceremony will provisionally take place on Friday 17th March 2023 from 12 noon to 2 pm in the Council Chamber, Guildhall.
To nominate for the annual Mayor’s Community Awards. Please complete The Mayor's Community Awards Nomination Form
To view how the Mayor's Community Awards process personal data please read our privacy notice