COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Leisure centres service update
Leisure centres are closed for the foreseeable future. There’s no need to stop being active as long as you follow the government advice on how to avoid catching or spreading the virus.
Places for People Leisure centres in the borough
We have a number of sports and leisure facilities for use by the community in the borough. Several of these are owned by us but run by Places for People Leisure (formerly DC Leisure). For more information about these centres please follow the links to their websites, where you will also find contact information:
- Kingfisher Leisure Centre The Kingfisher Leisure Centre is temporarily closed. During repair works significant further issues have come to light that the council now need to address. We will not be in a position to confirm the likely reopening of the centre until April 2020 at the earliest. For more information, please go to our Kingfisher Leisure Centre closure - FAQs page.
- Weir Archer Athletics and Fitness Centre (formerly the Kingsmeadow Athletics and Fitness Centre)
- Malden Centre
- Tolworth Recreation Centre
Other leisure centres in the borough
- The King's Centre
- Richard Challoner Sports Centre
- Tiffin Girls Community Sports Centre
- Tiffin Sports Centre
- YMCA Hawker Centre
- YMCA Surbiton
Chessington Sports Centre is on the same site as Chessington Community College and opens daily for the gym and all other activities after school, weekends and school holidays.
Chessington Sports Centre
Chessington Community College
Phone: 020 8974 2277