This scheme is one of a number of projects that make up the Go Cycle Programme. It is being looked at to see how we can improve this key road linking Kingston to Kingston Vale and the A3 to better accommodate those travelling on foot or bicycle, by improving safety and connectivity and transforming cycling facilities.
The proposals aim to:
- improve cycling facilities through separation from traffic along the entire corridor.
- improved safety for bicycle riders - with junctions designed to give greater visibility and navigation for cyclists through intersections.
- better access and crossing provision for pedestrians.
- strengthen connections to Kingston Hospital, Kingston University and Richmond Park by providing dedicated pedestrian and cycling facilities.
- retention of loading/unloading bays for busineses.
- additional cycle parking along the entire corridor.
- connect with the proposed Kingston to New Malden route at Cambridge Road, providing safe interchange between the two corridors for cyclists and pedestrians.
In autumn 2016 we held a public consultation on our proposals for this project and we've published a report and summary of your feedback.