Music theory classes
Update: We are currently only running music theory classes online until social distancing measures are lifted. Click here for online music lesson options
Music theory classes take place on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. You can apply to join a course at all levels and ages. They cover the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) syllabus for music theory up to and including Grade 5. As part of the course you can choose to take a grade examination.
- time and key signatures
- scale writing
- rhythmic, harmonic and melodic structures
- melody writing
- musical terminology
Music theory classes are available at £72 for ten lessons per term. To sit the graded exam all ten lessons must be attended.
- Wednesdays from 4.45pm to 5.45pm at Tolworth Music Centre
- Thursdays from 5.30pm to 6.30pm at Tolworth Music Centre
- Saturdays from 11.45am to 12.45pm at Coombe Music Centre
- Saturdays from 12.15pm to 1.15pm at Kingston Music Centre
Apply for music theory classes
Once we have received your application we will contact you with further information, including how you can pay.