Following public consultation the joint applicants, Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) and British Land, submitted a planning application on 30 October 2015 for the redevelopment of the Eden Walk Shopping Centre.
The application is for full planning permission and listed building consent for a mixed use development ranging from seven to 16 storeys in height, to include the following uses:
- 385 residential units with private terraces / roof gardens and balconies along with communal amenity space (Use Class C3)
- 13,830 sqm of Retail (Use Class A1-A2 )
- 4,178sqm of Food and Beverage (Use Class A3-A5)
- A cinema (Use Class D2)
- 3,223sqm of Offices (Use Class B1a)
- Combined Heat and Power Centre (CHP)
- New basement residential car park with 171 spaces
- Refurbished multi storey public car park including new access ramp with 408 spaces
- Cycle parking
- New pedestrian routes and public spaces linking Market Square, Memorial Square, Clarence Street and Eden Street.
- Public Realm works to Memorial Gardens and Pratts Passage
- Re-siting of the War Memorial with Memorial Gardens
You can see the full planning application within our online planning database using reference number 15/13063/FUL.
- the status of the application
- a detailed description of the proposed development
- any supporting plans and documents
You can also view a copy of the planning application at Kingston Library and at our Information and Advice Centre at the Guildhall.
The applicant’s website provides visuals, viewpoint navigation and a flythrough of the scheme which can be found at www.edenwalkregeneration.com
The application will be presented to a pre-decision Development Control Committee on Wednesday 18 May 2016 followed by a decision making Development Control Committee on Wednesday 25 May 2016.