An application has been received for the redevelopment of the Tolworth Tower Complex on The Broadway in Tolworth for a mixed use development including:
- the refurbishment of the existing Tolworth Tower the recladding of the exterior
- the retention of office space on floors 1-6 of the Tower
- the conversion of floors 7-10 to serviced apartments
- the conversion of floors 11-22 to provide 108 new residential units
- the demolition of the retail units fronting The Broadway and re-provision within the ground floor of the four new buildings proposed along The Broadway
- construction of four new buildings 5 storeys, 12 storeys, 15 storeys and 19 storeys in height to provide 203 residential units
- extension to the existing basement car parking and refurbishment of existing multi-storey car park
- covered service yard to rear of Marks and Spencer store
- new public realm to front of the existing Marks and Spencer
The applicant, CNM Estates, undertook a pre-application public consultation earlier in 2015 and then submitted their application to the Council in May 2015. You can see the full planning application within our online planning database using reference number 15/16356.
- the status of the application
- a detailed description of the proposed development
- any supporting plans and documents
You can also view a copy of the planning application at Tolworth Library and at our Information and Advice Centre at the Guildhall.
The application was presented at a Pre-Development Control meeting on 14 September 2015.
Amended plans were received in December to alter the height of the two central towers with one being lowered in height and the other being increased in height. This has resulted in the number of units being reduced by 3 residential units. The parking allocation has also been amended to allocate a greater number of spaces to the larger residential units.
The application is now scheduled for a Development Control Committee on 12 January 2016.