About the Kingston Station scheme
Elevating Kingston Town Centre’s transport hub
The Vision: To enhance the arrival experience into the centre of Kingston through a newly designed gateway at Kingston station. Displaying a regenerated new plaza, a new pedestrian and cycle bridge, and secure modern cycle parking facilities this renewed space will cater for cylists and accommodate pedestrians in a safe and universally accessible throroughfare.
The project is designed to;
- improve links between the historic town centre, the Thames Path and north Kingston
- enhance the public spaces
- upgrade accessibility to the station
- improve road, pedestrian, and cycling safety
- and create a dedicated cycle hub and parking facility for over 200 bikes.
- public consultation 20 June to 18 July 2016
- construction started April 2017
- construction is anticipated to complete in 2020