About the Kingston to Kingston Vale scheme
This scheme will improve the key road linking Kingston to Kingston Vale and the A3 to better accommodate those travelling on foot or bicycle, by improving safety, and connectivity and transforming cycling facilities.
The scheme aims to:
- Upgrade the cycleways by separating cylists from road traffic along the entire corridor
- Improve safety for bicycle riders - redesigning junctions to give greater visibility and navigation for cyclists through intersections
- Give better access and crossing points for pedestrians
- Strengthen connections to Kingston Hospital, Kingston University, and Richmond Park
- Retain and clearly mark loading/unloading bays for business deliveries and commercial road users
- Provide additional cycle parking along the entire corridor
- Connect with the proposed Kingston to New Malden route at Cambridge Road in Kingston Town Centre, providing a safe interchange between the two corridors for cyclists and pedestrians.
- public consultation 17 October to 17 November, 2016
- granted approval by Residents Committee June 2017
- construction started January 31 2018