Cycle Maintenance Courses
We run one day bike maintenance course to build up essential cycle maintenance skills. You will develop the skills needed to make a full diagnostic check of your bike and learn essential adjustments as well as some repairs. Our courses are for a maximum of 8 people so early bookings are recommended.
- Checking key parts of your bike for wear and tear, using the simple 5 minute assessment system employed by professional bike mechanics!
- Adjusting and balancing your brakes and replacing your brake pads
- Making some minor adjustments which will give you a more comfortable riding experience
- Removing your rear wheel, inner-tube, and tyre and repairing a puncture
- Cleaning and caring for your bike
- What you need in a basic tool kit
Courses are open to adults and children (children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult). Dates are limited to availability with courses running in Kingston and Sutton
If you can’t make it to one of our courses, but still want to try some home maintenance, have a look at the basic bicycle maintenance manual provided free from the London Cyclist.
All courses are 09.00 - 13.00.
- 11 May 2019
- 8 June 2019
- 6 July 2019
- 28 September 2019
- 19 October 2019
To book a place on one of our bike maintenance courses, please use our Bike Maintenance Booking Form.Make a booking
The cost of attending this course is £15 per person. Payment must be made before your place on the course can be confirmed.
To pay by bank transfer, our bank details are as follows:
- account name: RBK Direct Credit Account
- sortcode: 30-80-12
- account number: 14717168
- reference: please use “Bike Maintenance Course” (or as much of that as fits in the reference field).
Important: when completed, please email [email protected] to confirm the date you put through your £15 bank transfer.