Sustainable travel to improve air quality in Kingston
As well as improving cycling routes through Go Cycle, we are also supporting the improvement of air quality in Kingston, by encouraging more residents to consider using electric bikes (e-bikes) and electric vehicles to get around.
The Council supports sustainable transport options through the following initiatives:
- Go Cycle schemes - creating a network of 10 linked cycle routes across the borough
- On-street bike parking across the borough
- Provision of bike repair and cycle pump stands
- Bike hangars in a number of estates
- Free one-to-one cycle training
- Bike maintenance courses
The council is currently investigating hiring out electric cargo bikes to anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough. These bikes could be used by households or businesses for a range of trips which would normally be undertaken by car.
If you are keen to hear more or would like to hire out an electric cargo bike, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clean Air Day
On Clean Air Day, June 21, the Go Cycle team will be hosting an event in the town centre, giving local people the chance to trial an electric bike or cargo bike and to also find out more about electric vehicles.
The team will be in the Ancient Market from 10am to 4pm on Thursday June 21 - pop by and find out more about sustainable travel options in the borough. The event will also include:
- Free bike checks (Dr. Bike)
- Free bike marking
- Static bike challenge
- Example e-bikes to try
- Information about electric vehicle charging points.