Tell us about a change by using our online form
The amount of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you receive depends on your circumstances; if they change your benefit or reduction may also change – what you're entitled to may be increased or decreased.
You must tell us if something changes for you, your partner or those living with you, for example:
- changes to Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
- a pay rise or other changes to income
- a new benefit or income not included on your application
- starting or stopping work
- a change in savings, assets, property or capital
- if you rent privately and the rent changes
- if you move address
- if anyone moves in or out of your home
- if your family savings change
- if you go away (see going away or going to hospital)
If you do not tell us about a change and you receive too much Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction, could be prosecuted for benefit fraud. If convicted you could be fined or put in prison.
You can tell us about a change in circumstances using our online form.