Changes to your circumstances

Tell us about a change by using our online form

The amount of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you receive depends on your circumstances; if they change your benefit or reduction may also change – what you're entitled to may be increased or decreased.

You must tell us if something changes for you, your partner or those living with you, for example:

  • changes to Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
  • a pay rise or other changes to income
  • a new benefit or income not included on your application
  • starting or stopping work
  • a change in savings, assets, property or capital
  • if you rent privately and the rent changes
  • if you move address
  • if anyone moves in or out of your home
  • if your family savings change
  • if you go away (see going away or going to hospital)

If you do not tell us about a change and you receive too much Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction, could be prosecuted for benefit fraud. If convicted you could be fined or put in prison.

You can tell us about a change in circumstances using our online form.