Disabled person discount
Apply for a discount
If you use a wheelchair indoors or have an additional room to meet the needs of a disabled person you may be entitled to the disabled band reduction scheme.
When we consider your application we need to be sure that:
- there is a disabled resident who needs space for the use of a wheelchair in the home, or there is a special or additional kitchen, bathroom or other room, and
- this space or room is essential or of major importance to the wellbeing of the disabled resident because of the nature and extent of his or her disability
To apply for a discount please print and complete our form, then post it to us.
Yearly review of your discount
If you receive a discount, once every year, we will ask you to confirm that you are still entitled to receive that discount. You will receive a letter that asks you to use our online form to confirm your circumstances. When using the online review form:
- you'll need a Kingston online account
- your first step will be to login or create an account
- you may need your Council Tax account number to hand
The online review form only appears at certain times of the year, we'll send you a letter to let you know when it's time.