COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Support and advice for residents

This page provides useful links to specific support and advice for residents around council services.

Claiming child benefit

Parents of new-borns will still be able to claim child benefit despite the outbreak of coronavirus. Even though General Register Offices remain closed for now, parents can still claim child benefit without having to register their child’s birth first to ensure that they do not miss out.

First time parents will need to fill in child benefit claim form CH2 found online and send it to the Child Benefit Office. If they haven’t registered the birth because of coronavirus, they should add a note with their claim to let HMRC know.

Further information

Groups with specific needs

For advice and guidance for groups with specific needs, such as older residents and those with learning disabilities, view our support for groups with specific needs page.

Food information

Find up-to-date information about local and national food delivery options on the Connected Kingston website.

Funerals and bereavement

For up to date service information on funerals and bereavement view our dedicated page.

MOT exemptions

Vehicle owners will be granted a 6-month exemption from MOT testing, enabling them to continue to travel to work where this absolutely cannot be done from home, or shop for necessities.

Parking Services

For up to date information on parking services, view our parking services page.


If you need help collecting prescriptions, please let us know by completing our online help form, or, if you are unable to do this, by calling us on 020 8547 5000 

Social distancing 

For information on social distancing, social isolation, and symptoms, view our latest news, advice and guidance page.

Staying healthy and connected

For advice and tips on staying physically and mentally healthy whilst at home, view our 'Staying Healthy and Connected' pages.

Waste and recycling

For up to date service information on waste and recycling view our dedicated page.

Renters and home owners

If you are worried about paying your rent or mortgage, or for any other questions related to housing, go to