June 2018: Carers Contacts
Advice and contacts for carers
There are various places you can go for help and support if you want to make a difference to you or the person you care for, like:
- local voluntary and community organisations
- your GP or health centre
- a faith or community leader
- You might want information about your health, housing, money and benefits, help with caring, or other things that are important to you.
Many carers find it useful to talk to other carers. Amongst other things, Kingston Carers’ Network might be able to help and put you in touch with other carers you can talk to.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 020 3031 2757
The only organisation in the borough with a team dedicated to supporting the needs of young carers (aged 5-18). They provide:
- information and advice, including 1-to-1 support
- opportunities to meet other young carers
- fun activities, outings and breaks away from home
- regular drop ins
- awareness raising of the needs of young carers, particularly in schools
- advocacy and whole family support
- quarterly newsletter
The Really Useful Book of Learning and Earning for Young Adult Carers is aimed at young adults (aged 16-25) in England who are looking after somebody else. It is full of new and up-to-date useful information about looking after your health and wellbeing, job hunting, housing, health services, learning, working and volunteering, and money management. As well as information and advice, the book has activities to help readers think positively, identify skills and skills gaps, and action plan.
Carers UK is the voice of carers and the leading national campaigning, policy and information organisation for carers. Contact form
Phone: 020 7378 4999
NHS Choices is a national service providing 24 hour advice about a range of health and social care needs. It continues to run the NHS Direct 24 hour helpline 0845 4647 but now has a dedicated helpline for carers - 0808 802 0202 - available between 8am and 9pm Monday to Friday and 11am to 4pm at weekends.
NHS Choices has a well developed website which includes Carers Direct, providing a wealth of information and advice.