Draft Autism Strategy consultation
We have a new plan to make services for adults with autism, including Asperger syndrome, and their families better.This plan is about supporting people with autism to have a better life and we asked for your help to make sure its right.
The plan sets out how we will make services work better in four main areas:
- Making it easier for people to find out if they have autism and so get the support they need
- Teaching more people such as social workers, doctors and support workers about autism so they can offer the right support to people
- Helping young people with autism move into Adult Social Care Services in an easy and helpful way
- Having a senior manager to lead the planning of services for people with autism backed up by a Board which will include people with autism and their families
Read the plan
- Download the Draft Adult Autism Strategy - June 2013
- Download the Easy-read Draft Adult Autism Strategy - June 2013
- Download the Draft Adult Autism Strategy Action Plan - June 2013
How you could have your say
We wanted everyone with autism and their families and carers to have a chance to have their say about our new plan and consulted on this strategy until Wednesday 31 July 2013.
There was opportunity for you to have your say in a number of different ways.
We ran two workshops where you could find out about our plan and get involved with others to discuss it.
These workshops were held at Kingsmeadow, Jack Goodchild Way, 422a Kingston Road, Kingston KT1 3PB on Thursday 11 July and Tuesday 16 July.
You could tell us what you think of our plan by completing our online questionnaire.
Small group discussions
If you attend a group for people with autism, there were opportunities to discuss the plan at one of your meetings. Your support worker will be able to tell you more about this.
More information and help
If you need more information on our plan, help to understand it, or you need the information on audio-tape or in another language, please call 020 8547 5005.