Our response to your petition
- take the action requested in the petition
- consider the petition at a Council, Strategic and/or Neighbourhood Committee meeting
- hold an inquiry into the matter
- undertake research into the matter
- hold a public meeting
- hold a consultation
- hold a meeting with petitioners
- write to the petition organiser setting out our views about the request in the petition
If your petition is about something which we have no direct control over, we will consider making representations on behalf of the community to the relevant body. We work with a large number of local partners and where possible will work with these partners to respond to your petition.
The details of petitions with 100 or more valid signatures will be published on our website.