You can start a petition or sign a petition online using our ePetition system.
Posting your petition on our website makes it available to a wider audience and and may help you gather more names to support the petition.
Submit or sign an ePetition
Logon or Register to submit an epetition.
You can browse through the ePetition system to read about current petitions. You can also see who else has supported the petition (name and area only) or join in a discussion about it online. You can then support a petition by adding your name and address online.
- only your name and area (neighbourhood) will appear on the website. The other details you give us are needed to validate your support. This is the same information needed for a paper petition.
- read through the guidance on petitions and other information online to check you are following the right steps and you know what will happen.
- create your ePetition online through the ePetition system. We will contact you to confirm your details and may ask you about the content of your petition.
- once the ePetition has been submitted, you can return to the ePetition site to check its progress and also get feedback from the principal petitioner.
- your ePetition is published within three days of submission. This is because we have to check that the content of the petition is suitable before it is made available for signature.
- ePetitions can gather signatures on the website for up to six months.
- ffter the closing date the ePetition will be deemed to have been submitted to us.
Sign an existing ePetition
The views expressed in any of the petitions or comments pages on this website are in no way the views of the Council or The International Teledemocracy Centre.