We work in partnership with a local charity, Kingston Community Furniture. For a small fee, they can collect and reuse many items from borough residents.
- fridges and freezers
- washing machines and tumble dryers
- computers, monitors, keyboards and mice
- sofas (3-seat maximum) and armchairs
- tables and dining chairs
- beds and mattresses
- wardrobes, chests of drawers and cupboards
- computer desks and TV storage units
Requirements for reusable items
Please make sure:
- all electrical goods are working
- all appliances are disconnected from water, gas and electricity
- sofas, armchairs and upholstered chairs have fire safety labels saying ‘match resistant’
- beds have labels saying ‘cigarette tested'
- items have no stains and are in one piece/whole
- up to four items - £25
- between five and eight items - £40
- 9 items or more - on quotation
Storage prior to collection
Items due for collection must be stored inside or at least under cover prior to collection to prevent damage from poor weather.