Non-reusable bulky waste
We can collect household items that are either too large for a black bag or wheelie bin, or can't be reused (things like carpets or old furniture). If possible, we recommend using our reusable items collection to help the environment (it is also a little cheaper).
This service is for residential properties only. We do not collect from commercial premises. If you are a commercial customer, you will need to make alternative arrangements with a licensed waste contractor.
We can't collect garden waste using this service. You can take garden waste to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre for free or opt in to our garden waste collection service.
We can't collect large amounts of DIY waste using this service. Items such as doors, kitchen or bathroom units, greenhouses, boilers, radiators, bricks and tiles, or very heavy items will need to be disposed of by a registered waste company. Small amounts of DIY waste (such as a car boot load of bricks, timber, plasterboard etc.) can be taken to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre for free.
- up to four items - £35 (four black bags would count as one item)
- five to eight items - £55
You can book and pay for a collection of non-reusable bulky waste using our online form.
Please ensure that all items are left in a visible location at the edge of your property by 6.30am on your scheduled collection date.
Terms and Conditions
- take note of your collection day and ensure that the items are presented on the scheduled day.
- all items must be left ready on ground level at the boundary of your property as close to the road as possible by 6.30am. The items must be easily accessible and visible from the road at all times as collection staff will not make contact before a collection. If you live in a block of flats, the items should be placed by the bin store area for collection.
- collections cannot be made from inside properties, inside blocks of flats, back gardens, garages or sheds. Residents can approach friends, relatives, charities or voluntary organisations if support is required to place the items outside the property/ block of flats.
- make sure you have clearly specified what you want collected in your online request or on the phone. These items will be listed on the collection staff worksheet and they will not collect items that are not listed.
- it is your responsibility to ensure items are presented correctly by 6.30am. No refund will be given where items have not been presented on the scheduled day. This would have to be rebooked for another collection at additional cost.
- any items not presented for collection on your booking form at the time of payment will not be collected and no refund will be provided.
- we reserve the right for collection staff to refuse items on inspection which breach safety and environmental legislation by collecting/ handling them such as asbestos, chemicals and other hazardous waste.
If you wish to cancel your collection you must let us know by midday the last working day before the collection is due to take place. For example, collections booked for Tuesday will need to be cancelled midday on Monday.