River safety plan - section 6 - Half Mile Tree to Hawker Centre
The last section of the plan is accessed at the bend of Lower Ham Road at Half Mile Tree. Here there are two paths that follow the river to the Hawker Centre.
One path follows the top of the bank and is popular with cyclists. The lower path winds its way through scrubby woodland along the river edge. The river cannot be accessed easily at any stage of this section due to the natural bank side vegetation.
Bank side equipment
There is no bank side equipment in this section.
River wall equipment
There is no river wall equipment in this section.
Access assessment scores
- Misjudgement, ignorance or disregard - 14 (out of 33)
- Unlimited access to hazard - 0 (out of 30)
- Supervision - 3 (out of 7)
- Ability to save oneself or be rescued - 17 (out of 30)
- Total score - 34 per cent (lower level risk)
There are no special consideration for this section and there have been no recorded incidents.