Trees on our streets

Tree related damage to private property

If you believe a council owned tree is causing damage to your property, you must first contact your home insurance company. They will investigate the matter and collect any evidence of structural damage to support any potential claim.

The report from your insurer needs to be sent to our Insurance Team. We are unable to carry out any work to trees suspected of causing damage to your property without supporting evidence.

Boundary walls are not normally covered by household insurance. Please contact our Insurance Team for further advice.