Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - SEND Local Offer
Children's services in Kingston are provided by Achieving for Children (AfC).
Achieving for Children is a community interest company created by the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames and the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames to provide their children's services.
If you are looking for information on services and support for families including children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities in Kingston, you will find it on the SEND Local Offer section of the AfCinfo website
On the website you can find information about:
- Assessment, Education, Health and Care planning (EHCP)
- Education, including SEND Transport
- Social care
- Short Breaks and leisure activities
- Preparing for adulthood and employment
- Participation opportunities for young people with SEND
- Information for young people with SEND in our Young People's Hub - developed and managed by young people with SEND
- Other local and national events and information including independent Supporters, parent forums and parenting support.
Kingston SEND Transformation Plan
The Council, Achieving for Children, Health services and schools have recently produced a Kingston SEND Transformation Plan. This Plan sets out how we will collectively improve SEND services in Kingston. The Plan builds on feedback received from parents, carers, young people and professionals over the last two years.
On the SEND Local Offer website you can read more the Kingston SEND Transformation Plan and find out how you can stay up to date and be involved.