Volunteer with Kingston Museum and History centre
Our volunteers play a vital role in the success of Kingston Museum and History Centre.
These roles include:
- stewarding the temporary exhibitions that take place in the Art Gallery
- supervising the reception desk
- assisting with special events and children's activities
- assisting with computerising our catalogues
- answering visitor enquiries and providing support for the staff
- The time involved can be anything from half a day to a day on a regular or casual basis.
If you would like to join us as a volunteer please complete our online application form. Once we have processed you application we will contact you with further information.
Recruiting now to our Young People's Board
The Young People's Board of Kingston Museum are a board of 18 to 30 year olds who take an active role in shaping the public programme Kingston Museum
offers to compliment, question or expand contemporary issues surrounding Kingston Museum.
After a pilot year, we are now looking for new members to consolidate the work done in 2015 and 2016.
When and how do they meet?
All recruited members aim to meet at least once a month. Initially this will be to meet with the staff and to get introduced to the collections,
the building and the current public programme. After that, members assess the upcoming exhibition programme for the year and propose their own projects.
Meetings take place either on Thursday evenings or Saturday afternoons.
How to Apply
Please make sure to tell us why you want to apply and what would you like to gain from this experience. We want to hear your voice!
If you need further details or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Produce one off events, talks, screenings, fundraisers and tours for our audiences
- Propose, produce and commission performances, artworks or music
- Curate temporary displays within Kingston Museum
- Work as an event or project coordinator on any of our planned events
- Work closely with the curators and permanent staff at the museum to think about how our collection is displayed
- Contribute to marketing, communications, social media and other marketing avenues.