How to find and contact us
It's free to visit Kingston Museum so come and join us!
Please note that during September we will be closed across lunchtime from 12:30-13:30 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays due to short staffing. We will be open on Saturdays from 10-5.
- Monday, closed
- Tuesday, 10am to 5pm
- Wednesday, closed
- Thursday, 10am to 7pm
- Friday, 10am to 5pm
- Saturday, 10am to 5pm
- Sunday, closed
- Closed bank holidays, Christmas Eve and Good Friday.
What to see and do:
- browse through photos of our collections for a taster of what we have
- visit one of our three permanent exhibitions: Ancient Origins, Eadweard Muybridge, Town of Kings
- see one of our temporary exhibitions in the art gallery
- do something with the kids
- browse the gift shop for the perfect card, souvenir and local history book
- take your class
- hire the Community Showcase for your group's photographs or objects
- get involved and become a friend of the museum, volunteer or enter a competition
Kingston Museum is accredited by Arts Council England. The Arts Council Accreditation Scheme sets national standards for UK museums.
Kingston Museum's Collections Development Policy is available upon request.
- bell at front entrance for wheelchair users
- parking at rear of building for disabled people by prior arrangement
- alternative access for wheelchair users from rear car park, including door bell
- level access into building
- four steps to Muybridge Gallery - level access through Kingston Library by prior arrangement
- first floor accessible by lift
- induction loop in the first floor art gallery
- wheelchair accessible toilet on the ground floor
- large font captions to permanent displays
KIngston upon Thames