Referral and decision process
A summary of the referral and decision process for Integrated Offender Management (IOM):
- The referrer completes the IOM referral form and forwards it to the IOM coordinator.
- The referral form is distributed to the core panel of the IOM group.
- The individual is considered by the panel at the IOM meeting.
- The individual is accepted as an IOM nominal (or if not accepted go to step eight).
- Actions, which will reduce the risk of reoffending identified and implemented.
- The individual continues to have a reduced risk of re-offending.
- The risk of reoffending is reduced. The IOM subject is removed after consideration by the core panel.
- End (or if new information suggests that there is an increased risk of re-offending go back to step three).