Housing need, prevention and advice
Work streams in this project
- welfare reform
- homelessness and temporary accommodation
- housing advice and options (including demand analysis and management and a review of the private sector leasing scheme)
This work stream addresses the impact of the welfare reform changes. We are in contact with around 350 Kingston households that will be affected through benefit capping or under occupancy. We will discuss their options and agree a solution.
We are reviewing our policies and procedures to facilitate the welfare reform changes. We are looking at rent collection and arrears and how the use of discretionary housing payments can provide a short term measure of support.
This work stream will also support the introduction of universal credit.
Homelessness and temporary accommodation
This work stream will make changes and recommendations to improve services for troubled families and single people who are homeless.
It will also look at our move-on strategy and options for demand management.
Housing advice and optionsWe will make changes to the advice we offer. We want to:
- increase efficiency and effectiveness
- review the viability of the private sector leasing scheme
- co-ordinate training to improve the advice we provide