Kingston has a Residents Scrutiny Panel made up of 12 tenants and leaseholders. The panel has been specifically recruited and trained to review housing services on behalf of other residents and make recommendations to us on how these services can be improved.
We worked with the Kingston Federation of Residents to set up the Kingston Residents’ Scrutiny Panel (KRiSP). This included:
- directly involving Council tenants and leaseholders in helping to shape our housing policies and priorities
- investigating how well housing services are being delivered and making recommendations about how they can be improved
- helping make sure housing services are of the highest standard and quality and good value for money
The Panel will be preparing an annual rolling programme which will list the planned investigations for the year and in which areas. This will be available to view once it has been devised and agreed.
How to get involved with KRiSP
There are still spaces available on the panel if you are interested in joining KRiSP and you can apply by completing the online form.
As a KRiSP member your job will be to:
- decide what services or topics KRiSP will investigate – topics can cover any aspect of the housing service such as the caretaking and cleaning service, housing repairs or the landlord’s approach to anti-social behaviour
- take part in a scrutiny review of a particular aspect of the service
- make recommendations about improvements that could be made and highlight good working practices
Full training and support will be provided free of charge to support you to carry out this role with confidence.
Benefits of being a member
There are lots of benefits to being a member of KRiSP, including:
- the chance to make a real difference to our housing services and to improve things for you and your neighbours
- the opportunity to develop your life and work skills, including leadership, interview, report writing and information analysis skills
- reimbursement of all out-of-pocket expenses including travel, child care, relief care (if you look after a family member or friend), and personal assistant or support worker costs if you are disabled and need help to carry out your Panel responsibilities
We also reward our KRiSP members with up to £400 worth of shopping vouchers for each year of involvement.