The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) sets out our approach to engaging with the community, organisations and statutory bodies in policy production and consulting on planning applications. Our current Statement of Community Involvement was adopted in 2007.
Consultation on a new draft Statement of Community Involvement
We need to revise our current SCI to reflect up to date guidance. As part of the new draft SCI, we have produced a draft SCI Planning Charter which details how we will involve people in the planning application process.
Public consultation on a revised Statement of Community Involvement runs from Friday 12 April 2019 until Friday 24 May 2019.
You can respond to this consultation in the following ways:
- visit our consultation portal to submit your comments online
- send an email to: [email protected]
- Write to: Strategic Planning Team, The Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames, Guildhall 2, High Street, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 1EU
There is an opportunity for you to find out more about the draft SCI at the forthcoming drop in sessions at a number of our libraries across the borough as follows:
1) Surbiton Library Thursday 16 May (5pm - 7pm)
2) New Malden Library Monday 20 May (5pm - 7pm)
3) Kingston Library Tuesday 21 May (5pm - 7pm)
4) Hook and Chessington Library Wednesday 22 May (4pm - 6pm)
This consultation is being undertaken in advance of the separate public consultation on the Early Engagement for the Local Plan. This will allow us to take account of any views on the consultation techniques and apply these during the Local Plan consultation.