Businesses and workplaces are required to develop a travel plan as a condition of planning consent for an expansion or new development.
A workplace travel plan manages the transport and travel impacts of a workplace. It involves a package of practical measures designed to encourage your employees and visitors to travel to and from your site by sustainable modes of transport.Travel plans usually:
- improve facilities for pedestrians and cyclists (showers, lockers and cycle parking)
- promote and subsidise the use of public transport
- encourage car shares, working from home and teleconferencing
- reduce congestion and pollution in the area
- help your business spend less on car parking facilities
- can save your employees money and improve their health by promoting cycling and walking
- show your commitment to corporate social responsibility
We can help you develop a workplace travel plan - contact the Smarter Travel Team.