Dial a Ride
Some health problems and disabilities can mean that it is impossible for you to use public transport. Dial-a-Ride is a free door-to-door service for people with mobility problems who can't use buses, trains or the underground.
You can use Dial-a-Ride for all sorts of journeys, making it easier to do things like go shopping, visit friends and family, or travel to other recreational activities. Friends can accompany you, and the vehicles are adapted for wheelchairs.
There are some things you can't use Dial-A-Ride for, like hospital appointments or to travel to work.
Becoming a member
You must have a permanent or long-term disability which means you are unable to use public transport some or all of the time.
You are automatically eligible for membership if you are:
- A Taxicard member
- Getting the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- Getting the Standard or Enhanced Mobility Rate of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Aged 85 or over
- Getting a Higher Rate Attendance Allowance
- Getting a War Pension Mobility Supplement
How to apply