Guide to resident DIY repairs
DIY Repair Roadshows 8 th – 17 th October
We’ve launched a new online Handy Guide To Looking After Your Home showing in easy steps and videos how you can undertake minor repairs in your own home, such as how to unblock a sink and wire a plug.
To launch and demonstrate how easy some of these repairs are for residents to do we’re holding a series of DIY Repair Roadshows across the borough.
The roadshows will be from 2pm to 6.30pm at each venue, as follows;
Cambridge Road Estate - Granchester car park Tues 8th October
Kingsnympton - by the community centre KT2 7RS Weds 9th October
South Lane - New House Close KT3 5LJ Thurs 10th October
Sobraon House - Elm Rd, KT2 6JD Fri 11th October
Alpha Road Estate - Howard Road KT5 8SD Mon 14th October
School Lane - Tolworth KT6 7QH Tues 15th October
Ripon Gardens - car park Chessington KT9 2QX Weds 16th October
Sheep House Way - near Lumley House KT3 5PT Thurs 17th October
Please come along to see demonstrations of how to carry out simple repairs in your home and receive more advice about repairs issues.
Do you have a repair?
Do you want to save your time and try to fix it yourself?
Do you know how?
View our new interactive DIY guide where you can find videos and links to help you fix simple repairs. Some of the topics covered are listed below
- Plumbing: replace your toilet seat; deal with frozen or burst pipes; unblock a sink
- Electrics: reset your trip switch; change a strip light or starter
- Locks and Latches: replace a mortice lock or a cylinder lock; fit a door chain;
- Central heating: control the heating temperature; set a digital programmer; fit a draft strip
- Decorating: sealing baths, basins and sinks; fixing things to walls; painting
- General advice: Condensation, saving energy; looking after your home