What you can expect from our contractors
Our contractors represent the council and are therefore expected to observe the same standards of conduct as council staff.
- introduce themselves and show a formal identification badge
Please make sure all callers have an identification badge before you let them in. If you are not sure, do not let them in until you have contacted our customer contact centre on 020 8547 5003
- be wearing the appropriate uniform
- explain why they are there and what the works will mean to you
- enquire if you have other repairs that need to be carried out
- behave in a polite and professional manner at all times
- refrain from smoking, playing music or using foul or abusive language
- make sure that your home is properly protected from dust, paint and so on
- make sure all materials and equipment used on site are kept safe and with a minimum of inconvenience to you
- make sure that, wherever possible, supplies of gas, electricity and water are fully restored at the end of each day, or where this is not possible ensure that there is an adequate temporary supply
- tidy up at the end of the job or end of the day
What to do if things go wrong
We make every effort to ensure that we fix the repair first time. However, if you are unhappy with any aspect of the repair, or the conduct of the operative, please call our customer contact centre on 020 8547 5003 and they will try to sort out your problem immediately.
We also like to know when things go well.
If you are pleased with the service you have received, please tell us.
You may receive a SMS satisfaction survey once the repair has been completed as a text message on your mobile phone.We would be most grateful if you could respond to this message to help us with service improvements