What you can expect from our contractors
Our contractors represent us and are therefore expected to observe the same standards of conduct as council staff.
Our contractors will introduce themselves and show a formal identification badge.
Please make sure all callers have an identification badge before you let them in.
If you are not sure, do not let them in until you have contacted our customer contact centre.
Other things you can expect from our contractors
Our contractors will:
- be wearing the appropriate uniform
- explain why they are there and what the works will mean to you
- enquire if you have other repairs that need to be carried out
- behave in a polite and professional manner at all times
- refrain from smoking, playing music or using foul or abusive language
- make sure that your home is properly protected from dust, paint and so on
- make sure all materials and equipment used on site are kept safe and with a minimum of inconvenience to you
- make sure that, wherever possible, supplies of gas, electricity and water are fully restored at the end of each day, or where this is not possible ensure that there is an adequate temporary supply
- tidy up at the end of the job or end of the day
- possibly ask you to complete a satisfaction survey
How to complain if things go wrong or give us positive feedback
We make every effort to ensure that we fix the repair first time. However, if you are unhappy with any aspect of the repair, or the conduct of the operative, please call our customer contact centre and we will try to sort out
your problem immediately.
If you are pleased with the service you have received, please tell us.