Council housing repairs

Asking for a repair

If you need a repair done, there are several ways to report it

  • call our customer contact centre on 0208 547 5003 
  • Report Your Repair Online
  • to your estate manager, or if you live in sheltered housing - your scheme manager 
  • at our Information and Advice Centre at Guildhall 2, High Street, Kingston 
  • via Twitter: @ContactKingston 

If you ask for a repair, we will: 

  • ask when it is convenient for us to attend 
  • ask you for a telephone number, preferably a mobile number
  • confirm a two hour slot when an operative will attend
  • give you a job reference number 
  • ask for your email address

Appointments are available during the following times: 

Monday: 8am – 6pm 

Tuesday: 8am – 6pm 

Wednesday: 8am – 6pm 

Thursday: 8am – 8pm 

Friday: 8am – 6pm 

Saturday: 8am – 12noon 


Please note: 

  • You may receive an SMS satisfaction survey once the repair has been completed as a text message on your mobile phone. We would be most grateful if you could respond to this message to help us with service improvements 
  • You may be charged for appointments that you do not keep. 


Once the repair order is raised, we will: 

  • text a reminder about the repair appointment the day before 
  • ensure the operative contacts you when he/she is on his/her way 
  • whenever possible, get the repair completed at the first visit 

When an appointment is booked, you must: 

  • make sure you, or someone from your household over the age of 18, is going to be at home so that you can let our contractors in to do the repair 
  • make sure someone is at home for the next two hours where the repair is an emergency repair (2 hours), or at all times where the repair is an urgent repair (24 hours) as our contractors may call at any time 
  • let us know if you cannot keep the appointment so it can be rescheduled 
  • if there is potential for damage to your property or a neighbouring property, do everything you can to stop this happening. For example putting down a container to catch dripping water, or turning off the stop cock 
  • give us as much information as you know about the problem so we can fix it first time 
  • provide us with a telephone number to contact you, preferably a mobile number