Council housing repairs

How to request council housing repairs

Ways to request a repair

If you need a repair done to your council housing, you can either:

  • request a repair online
  • call or email our customer contact centre line for Housing 020 85475003
  • report it in person at our Information and Advice Centre at Guildhall 2 

Making a repair appointment

If you ask for a repair, we will ask when it is convenient for us to attend, ask you for a daytime telephone number, confirm a two hour slot when the repair will be carrier out and give you a job reference number.

Appointments are available during the following times:

  • Monday 8am to 6pm
  • Tuesday 7am to 8pm
  • Wednesday 8am to 6pm
  • Thursday 7am to 8pm
  • Friday 8am to 6pm
  • Saturday 8am to 12 noon

After a repair appointment has been made

Once the repair order is raised, we will text a reminder about the repair appointment the day before and ensure the operative contacts you when he or she is on their way. Whenever possible, we will try to get the repair completed at the first visit.

Things you should do for your repair appointment:

  • make sure you, or someone from your household over the age of 18, is going to be at home so that you can let our contractors in to do the repair
  • make sure someone is at home for the next two hours where the repair is an emergency repair (2 hours), or at all times where the repair is an urgent repair (24 hours) as the contractors may call at any time
  • let us know if you cannot keep the appointment so it can be rescheduled – you may be charged for appointments that you do not keep
  • if there is potential for damage to your property or a neighbouring property, do everything you can to stop this happening (e.g. putting down a container to catch dripping water or turning off the stop cock)
  • give us as much information as you know about the problem so we can fix it first time
  • provide us with a daytime telephone number to contact you

You may be asked to take part in a satisfaction survey once the repair has been completed.

This site is provided by M3 Central for Kingston Council housing residents. Your report will be delivered directly to Kingston Council Customer Services. M3 Central retains no identifying information from the details you provide.

For more information please read our Housing Repairs Policy.