Asking for a repair
You can report a repair in the following way:
For any urgent repairs please call the customer contact centre on 0208 547 5003.
You may be able to resolve some repairs by using our DIY guide, this may save you waiting for an appointment.
When you report a repair, we will:
- ask you for contact details, usually a mobile number or emails address
- confirm an appointment slot when an operative will attend.
- give you a job reference number
Appointments are available during the following times:
- Monday: 8am – 6pm
- Tuesday: 8am – 6pm
- Wednesday: 8am – 6pm
- Thursday: 8am – 8pm (limited service from 6-8pm)
- Friday: 8am – 6pm
Please note you may be charged for appointments that you do not keep.
Once the repair order is raised, we will:
- Text a reminder about the repair appointment the day before
- Usually the operative contacts you when they are on the way
- Whenever possible, get the repair completed at the first visit
When an appointment is booked, you must:
- make sure you, or someone from your household over the age of 18, is going to be at home so that you can let our contractors in to do the repair
- make sure someone is at home for the next two hours where the repair is an emergency repair (2 hours), or at all times where the repair is an urgent repair (24 hours) as our contractors may call at any time
- let us know if you cannot keep the appointment so it can be rescheduled
- if there is potential for damage to your property or a neighbouring property, do everything you can to stop this happening. For example putting down a container to catch dripping water, or turning off the stop cock
- give us as much information as you know about the problem so we can fix it first time
Our repairs standard is written and followed in reference to the The Secure Tenants of Local Housing Authorities (Right to Repair) Regulations 1994