The Resettlement Support Service works with single people and families who are deemed vulnerable and due to their vulnerability are at risk of losing their home. We work with people who are aged 18 to 54 on a short term basis (usually around 6 months or less)
We support clients when they move into their new homes and help them maintain their tenancies and achieve independence.
What support is available?
- Assist with rent arrears
- Help with welfare benefits, claims and appeals
- Help manage debts and budgeting
- Support to achieve a healthy lifestyle
- Support in neighbourhood disputes and harassment
- Support to manage chaotic lifestyles
- Assist in liaising with other services
- Signposting to other services
- Support in maintaining and settling into new tenancies
- Preventing Homelessness
How does it work?
All accepted clients are allocated a personal resettlement worker. Your worker will discuss your needs and agree a person centred support plan with you to achieve the outcomes you desire or want.
This service is designed to help you meet your goals and aspirations, therefore you will be involved in every part of the support service.
Your support plan will be reviewed with you every 3 months.
Who can get support?
- You can get support if you are aged 18 to 54 and:
- Live in the Royal Borough of Kingston
- Are being supported by Kingston council to prevent homelessness
- Have a housing-related support need
- Are vulnerable and require tenancy sustainment support
Vulnerable groups which we support include:
- Offenders and people at risk of offending
- Victims of domestic violence
- People with HIV, AIDS, HEP C and HEP B
- People with a learning disability
- Single people
- Young people leaving care
- People at risk of homelessness
- People with a physical disability
- People with substance misuse problems
- People with mental health problems
If you would like assistance you will need to be referred to the service. Our referrals come from:
Social service teams:
- Women’s refugees
- Statutory or voluntary support and advice agencies
- Royal Borough of Kingston Council Housing Services
Feedback about the service
We want you to benefit and feel involved in all aspects of our service and welcome suggestions on how we can improve. If you are unhappy with the service in any way please contact the resettlement manager. Following this, if you are still unhappy there is a formal complaints procedure. Please contact us on 020 8547 5003.
Resettlement and support service contact
To request a referral form or enquire about the service:
Phone: 020 8547 5003
Email: [email protected]