Support for older and vulnerable people

The Older and Vulnerable People’s Support Service is part of Kingston Council Adult Social Care and is fully funded by Adult Care Social Services.

We advise and support adults aged 55 years and over in a holistic manner to maintain their  accommodation and independence within the community on a short term basis (usually 6 months).

We can help with:

  • Support you in managing your finances. Advice on budgeting, debts, Welfare Benefits (including housing benefit and Council Tax Benefit claims)
  • Reduce Isolation by supporting you to make social contacts and put you in touch with support groups or other agencies depending on your needs
  • Empower you to manage your health and wellbeing, for example by helping you register with a GP, dentist or get active.
  • By providing advice to help you keep a tenancy and prevent homelessness
  • Access transport, including getting bus passes, dial-a-ride, taxi cards, etc
  • Working in partnership with other services to help you achieve your desired outcome.
  • Resettlement into a new home (including access to furniture providers and charities)
  • Access further education - college, adult education or return to work schemes
  • Support you in accessing Care Services

How does it work?

We will work in partnership with you to help you through a crisis and achieve the outcomes you desire. We do this by  delivering a person centred support service where each individual has a support plan. The support plan will detail what you want to achieve and by when. The support plan will empower you to work with the various partner agencies in order to deliver what you require or want. 

Who can get support?

You can get support if you:

  • live in the borough
  • are aged 55 or over 
  • have a Housing or Health related support need

Feedback about the service

We want you to benefit and feel involved in all aspects of our service and welcome suggestions on how we can improve. If you are unhappy with the service in any way please contact the team manager. Following this, if you are still unhappy there is a formal complaints procedure.  Please contact us on 020 8547 5003.

If you have difficulty reading this document because of a disability or because English is not your first language, we can help you. Please call our switchboard on 020 8547 5000 or ask someone to call on your behalf.

Older and vulnerable people’s support service contact

To request a referral form or enquire about the service:
Phone: 020 8547 5003
Email: [email protected]