Can we help you?
If you’re homeless or about to lose your home, we can help you to:
- stay in your home, or
- find somewhere else to live.
If we cannot prevent or relieve your homelessness we may be able to offer help but this depends on your circumstances. We may help you if all of the following apply:
- you are eligible for help
- you are homeless or likely to lose your home within 56 days
- you are or someone in your household is in priority need
- you haven’t made yourself homeless intentionally.
We will also look to see if you have a connection with this area.
How to get help from the council
In order for the Council to assist you, please fill out the Housing Advice form prior to visiting the council, unless your situation is urgent. Please make sure you fill out the form in one sitting as you will not be able to save your information and fill out the form later.
Once you have filled out the form a Housing Options Officer will be in touch with you.
You can also get advice about help for homeless people on the Shelter website.